Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Reflection of Humanity

I know it 's been forever since I have last blogged. The holidays were amazing and hectic at the same time. Lately it seems if the winter blues have set in with me so I am praying for sunshine and many opportunities to get out in it.


Anyway, I hope all of you are doing well and staying warm on this historic occasion in our Nation’s history as the 44 President takes office. An Incredible and exciting event happened today! We have definitely come a long way in this nation to now have a African American and someone of an immense variety of background as President of our great nation.


How cool is that!!


However I am aware that it may not be as cool for others. I had to laugh today as I thought about calling a good friend and joking with her that the world only has 666 days left and it will end. She enjoyed and was possibly gripped with curiosity with this crazy idea that Obama was the Anti-Christ.

I laughed.

But today I was reminded of the great need of humanity with the situation today. I've been reading SexGod by Rob Bell which has been rocking my word and truning some of my perspectives upside downa dn inside out.


Because whether you voted for (which I did not) or even like Obama, the truth of the matter is that he is still now - Our President. But even moreso he is human and therefore carries the very image of God. Catch what it says in Genesis – God said that He has created all men/women “in His Image.” Meaning that thought we are definitely not God and will not be God - human beings of all the creatures on Earth are special. Because we ALL carry part of God in us connecting us to the Amazing God and Creator of the Universe.


IN HIS IMAGE - We are of God.

Obama is of God's Image.


So regardless of how you like his views or politics I hope that you will show him the respect, acceptance, support and love that all human beings Need and Deserve. And that we can only find encouraging words to say of this new administration loving lifting them up to God asking that their decisions and steps be directed in wisdom and by God hand.


God use Barack Obama to help this nation bless You!


Until next time..thanks.

No comments: